Prior to pursuing a funding opportunity, please review the Proposal Process information on our Priority Areas and strategies as well as proposal submission due dates which vary by funding opportunity. If needed, applicants are encouraged to contact Foundation staff to discuss project ideas and ask any questions.
When developing your proposal, keep in mind that most competitive projects will:
- Be aligned with Foundation’s strategies
- Have clear and measureable outcomes
- Be aligned with best practices
- Impact policy, system and environmental change
- Continue to generate community benefit beyond the grant period
Applicants are required to submit a Concept Proposal for initial review by using the Foundation’s online Portal.
When a Concept Proposal is selected to move to the next stage, which is developing a Project Proposal, the applicant will be notified. They will be assigned a Foundation staff member who will work with the applicant to co-design the project. Final approval will be made by the Foundation’s Board of Directors.